Monday, March 14, 2011

Let's Try This Again!

We got a new cord!! So now maybe I can resume blogging. I really do enjoy it once I can get going and get past all of the obstacles! There's so much that has been going on and as much as I would like to get "caught up" I can't promise anything. So I'm just going to start from our most recent adventure.

Between some stressful situations and the kids being sick we decided it was time to get out of the house! The kids had a day off of school and it was a beautiful day. We headed for Ft. Kearney... and had a blast! We'll be coming back here soon!

In the picture below the kids are standing in front of a building with a grass roof filled with old things. I love how simple things like this are interesting to our kiddos. There was a stockade that had look-out posts in all four corners.






These look-out posts made it even funner to see the sandhill cranes that are migrating through.

We also drove over by the archway where hundreds of white geese (I think that's what they are) were gathering. There were so many of them in this small pond that you really can't see the water!

It was fun to spend the day together as a family (even though by the time we got home we had more sick kids). Have you ever spent some time watching migrating birds? It is a really awesome experience that's hard to capture with pictures. Come visit us sometime in the spring and we'll take you bird-watching. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment