Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wrestling

Sunday afternoon our older two boys had their first wrestling tournament of the year. This is the second year they've wrestled. Let me just say right off the bat that wrestling is my LEAST favorite sport! I was hoping that after last year they wouldn't want to wrestle again, but that was not the case. And unfortunately they still seem to like it and want to keep doing it. It is a very hard sport for this mama to watch. They're not running back and forth trying to make baskets. They're not hitting a ball and running to a base. No, they're getting thrown down on a mat and twisted into unnatural positions that make me cringe! So I have to just stay out of this one. I have left this up to the boys and their daddy. I will go to their meets to support them and cheer them on, but I watch through my fingers!

The first boy that Isaac wrestled knew what he was doing. This was one of two pictures that I took of this round. Nathan had to help keep time at one of the tables so he wasn't able to be on the floor helping coach Isaac. That kind of stunk. I was up in the stands with the rest of our crew until Isaac was laying on the mat not getting up. That's when my blood pressure rose and I left the kids up in the stands to go down to the mat. Isaac was such a trooper and got back up and finished the round.
The second round went a little better. I think Isaac even got him pinned a few times.

Josiah's rounds were a little funner to watch as they were not as intense. This is what I would call wresting. This is what happens on our living room floor quite often. Just two boys scrapping to see who is stronger (at that particular moment).


The second boy that Josiah wrestled was in his weight class but was only in preschool. I could tell that Josiah wasn't quite using his full potential. When we talked to him about it later he said that he didn't want to use all his strength on the kid because he didn't want the boy to fuss. I think he might possibly be too thoughtful to wrestle! He was also concerned about wearing shoes. He was afraid that if he wrestled against a boy that didn't have shoes he might step on his feet and hurt him. ;)
I was glad when it was over. I am also glad that I already had something scheduled on the night they have their next tournament. And I am extremely glad that the Lord is in control and I don't need to worry about what will happen when my babies wrestle!

2 comments:

Keri Sheckler said...

Oh, Brenda....I can't imagine. But it's got to be better than football with all the pounding on the head? Maybe?

And yes, we need to talk soon. Late mornings work for me.

Megan J. said...

You're so cute! I would be the same way if I had wrestling boys - another reason God has given us girls only. :)

Post a Comment