Monday, February 14, 2011

Lost & Found

We had a little scare this afternoon. Keziah took Tirzah out to the garage to play. I heard Keziah come back in the house so I asked where Tirzah was. She said she was with the boys. So after a few minutes I went to check on her and Isaac said she just went to the house. I checked the doors and didn't see her. So I glanced around and she was no where in sight. I told the boys to help me look for her. We searched the yard and couldn't find her. Keziah came out to help look and I looked around in the house. No Tirzah. At this point my mind was wrestling with itself. One side kept saying, "Don't panic. Don't panic." while the other side kept saying, "Your daughter is LOST!!!" I ran down to Nathan's office to see if she had snuck down there. Nathan said she wasn't in there and I told him, "Then she's lost!" So we all ran outside. Nathan ran down the block toward the highway and I looked in the backyard in the neighbor's yards. No Tirzah. FINALLY Josiah spotted her coming around the corner of trees on the other end of the block. Who knows where she went. We were just overjoyed to see her! I tried to re-explain to her that she needed to stay at our house, then took her INSIDE. Of course, that didn't last very long. Soon she snuck out the back door and was playing soccer with her brothers! I'm thankful to have her tucked safely into bed tonight!

Oh, by the way, we had no success looking for the camera cord. It is still lost. If anyone knows anything about where to look for replacement cords please let me know! Thanks!

3 comments:

Keri Sheckler said...

Oh my! I can't imagine the roller coaster of feelings you experienced. Glad there was a happy ending.

Katieburst said...

Maybe you should ask Tirzah where the camera cord is. :) I am glad she is safe and sound! I bet your heart was RACING! <3

unused said...

Wow, sounds really scary. I know entirely how you feel.

Post a Comment