L-R~Josiah (1st grade), Isaac (2nd grade), Keziah (3rd grade)
I think the picture below is so precious. Brothers having a little chat before their first day at school.
I try to look for the positive things about the kids going back to school. One thing is that I try to make these days special times of bonding for Titus, Tirzah and I. This is the last year Titus will be home with us, so we're trying to make the most of our time together. He enjoyed helping me make chocolate chip cookies for an after-school snack.

Just in case you were wondering, the kids seemed to have a good first day. Each one had something they thought was exciting about their day. The only little hitch we had was with shoes. Apparently Keziah's feet grew more than I realized. I had a pair of tennis shoes in the closet we were saving for school that I meant to have her try on last week. I forgot. So Sunday night when she went to try them on we discovered they were too small! We found a pair to get her through her first day and then after school we had to make a run to the store to get some shoes that fit!
Children are indeed a gift from the Lord. I pray that I will not take these gifts for granted and that I will take good care of them.
1 comment:
Your kids are so grown up. I do like the pic of the boys chatting.
Post a Comment