Earlier this week we returned home from a 9-day vacation, spent with family. This trip I hardly took any pictures. I think the only pictures I took were a few at Carousel Park in Joplin, MO. (Fun place, by the way. If you're ever in Joplin you should go check it out!). Two days into our vacation Tirzah came down with the stomach flu. After that, every day of our vacation was spent with someone having the stomach flu or a fever or both. That part of it was miserable. I hate the stomach flu. I hate it even more when we're on vacation!
We did enjoy being able to spend some time with our families (the sick one was usually quarantined for the day). And one afternoon/evening Nathan and I even got to spend some time by ourselves. It was very nice. And after nine days of vacation, there's something bittersweet about coming home.
Back at home we're trying to take advantage of our last days to spend as a family at the pool. We have really enjoyed our family pass this year. We're sad to see summer slipping away, but the kids are excited to start school on Monday. Pictures to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment