Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School

Another school year has snuck upon us. Every summer seems to go so quickly but this one went by especially fast. Even though we had all of the school supplies and the kids were "ready" for the first day of school, I wasn't ready to send them. I really enjoy having my kids around and it's hard for this mama to adjust to having her kids gone all day. But ready or not today was the first day of school.

Four kids eager to begin their day. Keziah is in 4th grade.

Isaac is in 3rd grade.



Josiah is in 2nd grade.

And Titus started Kindergarten.
Oh, and Tirzah didn't want to be left out. I think she's about ready for college!


No really, I'm thankful that I have a few years left with her at home. It was a tough day. After I took pictures we all held hands on the front porch and prayed and then Nathan walked the older kids to school. Tirzah and I stood on the porch and waved. I was trying to hold my tears to a minimum. When I took Tirzah back in the house she burst into tears, which made me burst into tears!


After a few minutes she realized that I was crying too and gave me a puzzled look.




Then we both laughed and were ready to move on with our day.




The kids seemed to do well on the first day. When they came home we had snacks, played with play-dough and talked about their day.




My heart aches at the thought of how quickly they are growing, yet I trust my God to take care of us. His ways are higher than mine. May I remember to do this throughout the year.


1 comment:

Keri Sheckler said...

Brenda, I can't believe Titus is a Kindergartener and Keziah is in FOURTH GRADE!!!! NO WAY!!!! Seriously, wow.

Post a Comment