Tonight we are starting Wednesday night activities for all ages. The adults will be meeting at another couple's home and our home will be the hub for all of the kids. I'm excited about the idea itself. I'm excited to get something started for the kids. I'm excited that I get to teach important truths about God to my kids and other kids. I love kids! I won't go into all of the details, but having this at our house is something that I've been struggling with for awhile.
God is wise, isn't He? He knows my thoughts. And He knows yours, too. Do you ever have one of those days where you get the feeling that God is trying to tell you something? Well, that happened to me today. I know it is no accident that this is what I read on my flip calendar for today (by Elisabeth Elliot): "Be prepared for the will of God to be very different from what you imagined. I guarantee that ultimately it will be much more glorious that what you imagined." Again, no accident that the calendar tipped over so that I could read the verse on the other side (for April 24!): "Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men." Ephesians 6:7, NIV
WHAM! That just hit me upside the head! My concerns may be legitimate, but it is what it is. And I am to do this with ALL my heart. As with everything else I do, I am serving God, not men. As for the will of God, I pray that mine will be more conformed to His.
Praying the same for you today.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! I'll be praying for you.
Post a Comment