I'm a little behind today. So before the day ends, I want to update you on our progress in CIO (crying it out). Last night went much better, though we still have room for improvement. We skipped the 1:30a.m. waking (woo hoo!) but Tirzah still woke up at 4:00a.m. I kept trying to decide if she really needed to be fed then or not. That motherly instinct told me that it was just by habit that she was waking up at this hour, NOT that she was truly hungry (thankfully the doctor confirmed that for me today at her check-up). So I laid there and waited...wondering what she would do. And it wasn't that bad! She didn't cry very hard, she just whimpered for awhile (again, don't ask me how long...I have no clue! I just know it wasn't as long as night #1). Baby steps, right? Thanks for all of you who sent me sweet comments of support! I was thinking about what you said as we headed off to bed! And we will see how tonight goes. I'm a little concerned since our nap schedule was out of whack today.
To be continued...
1 comment:
It is so hard to listen to them cry! I think it is especially hard for us as moms. I remember Greg had to physically restrain me a few times when we did the CIO thing with our daughter. But in the end, it was so worth it. :)
Post a Comment