Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend Getaway

Summer vacation is here and so far it has been very busy (in a good way). So busy it has been hard for me to stop long enough to upload pictures to my blog! I've missed Titus' birthday (I hope to come back to that) and now it is almost Josiah's birthday already! "What keeps you so busy?" you may ask? Gardening, t-ball games and swimming are the main things. We've been trying to get all of our chores done in the morning so that we can play for the rest of the day. I will probably post more about our summer activities at a later time. For now...

I wanted to tell you about a surprise trip Nathan planned for us. A few weeks ago we celebrated our 12th anniversary. Since October Nathan has been working on arranging a surprise trip to Estes Park (where we went on our honeymoon). While I knew a trip was coming, I didn't know for sure where or when it would be. Or who on earth would be taking care of our children (this one had me a little worried). As it turns out, Nathan had been in cahoots with my parents for awhile. They came Friday before Memorial Day and Saturday morning Nathan gave me notice that I needed to start packing. We took off after church on Sunday and stayed until Tuesday morning. I love the scenery of Colorado, especially Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain National Park. As you know, pictures never turn out as awe-inspiring as the real deal but we still wanted to take pictures. I plan to post more later.

This was the view out of the front door of our cabin. (above)

We saw a lot of Elk. They liked to hang out and graze near our cabin. Falls River runs through where we stayed as well. So beautiful! (below)





And the mountains...there's really no way for me to put into words how awesome they are. They remind me of how awesome our Creator is!





More to come!

2 comments:

Megan J. said...

So glad you got a little 2nd honeymoon! You both deserve it!!

Keri Sheckler said...

Wow! Wow to Nathan pulling off such a wonderful getaway and wow to God! Great pics of the scenery and a great pic of you guys.

Post a Comment