Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend with Grandparents

Nathan's parents were able to spend the weekend with us. Our time together is usually packed with all kinds of things. We went to a fun center where the kids got to run around. Last time Tirzah didn't enjoy this place very much. This time...well, let's just say that I followed her around for awhile and was exhausted! After climbing up, over, around and sliding down about 10 times Grandma was brave and took a turn (or two!).

Here they are just starting the climb. Out of respect for my mother-in-law I won't post all of the climbing pictures. I'll just say that she did a great job! This picture is kind of dark, but there are three slides that actually go pretty fast. Keziah is on the middle slide and Grandma and Tirzah are getting ready on the slide on the left.
And she made it down! All in one piece I might add. I think she deserves some kind of medal for that, don't you? Then she was brave enough to do it all again. Kudos to Grandma!

The next day we began a project that ended up being a little bit more that we had anticipated. While we were busy on the project Grandpa played catch with Josiah.


And here's the big project. Getting rid of old, stinky dirt and carpet in the sun room. We're not really sure why it was in there to begin with. Later Nathan busted out the brick wall he is in front of. I'll try to remember to post more pictures of this project as time goes on.


All of the kids were big helpers. Here Titus is having fun digging in the dirt. (Yes, the dirt goes all the way to the bottom!)


All of that dirt had to go somewhere. We had no trouble finding uses for it. Of course, Tirzah likes to help.


After working for many hours on this project, we decided to call it good for the day. So Grandma played a game with the older kids...


while Tirzah and Grandpa played chase on their scooters. It was so cute. Grandpa's scooter has a button that when pressed it beeps. Tirzah started calling him Grandpa beeps. I think that name might stick (for awhile anyway).


Grandma took our picture before we left for church and they left for home (they had a long drive ahead of them). This was about as good as it got.



When we got home from church Tirzah walked around the house asking, "Where Grandpa beep go?" :)


1 comment:

Dolores said...

Brenda, I really enjoy seeing all of your pictures and keep up with how the children are growing. I enjoy seeing the pictures of your families also . It looks like both of your parents are doing well. Keep up the good work because it is really appreciated. Give each one of the kids a hug for me. Miss you and love you alot and pray often for you. Love, Dolores

Post a Comment