Monday, October 18, 2010

Saying 'Yes'

I was reading a friend's blog recently and she was talking about how she felt like she was always telling her boys 'no'. And most of the things she was saying 'no' to were not things that were harmful or destructive, it just required a little more effort and energy on her part. So she was going to try to say 'yes' more. For things that really didn't matter. I could really relate to her thoughts! That's exactly how I've been feeling. So many times I say 'no' simply because of my own selfishness. So I've been trying to say 'yes' more.

Saturday I had a perfect opportunity to try this out and it turned out to be something so fun! I needed to get a few groceries and all of the kids wanted to come along. 'Yes'. After we got our groceries and headed for home we saw a truck full of corn, heading to the elevator. One of the kids asked if we could follow the truck. 'Yes.' Oh they thought that was so funny! As the truck turned off to the elevator it dropped some corn on the road. Someone asked, "Can we pick up some corn?" 'Yes'. They all piled out and started gathering corn, like little squirrels getting ready for winter. They were so excited they actually got to get some! When we got home they got busy playing The Little House on the Prairie. It kept them busy for hours. And it was completely worth saying 'yes'!





Thank you Lord, for saying 'yes' to me when I asked to be a mommy!

1 comment:

noble said...

Brenda, This is a great idea. I will have to do this with my boys. They will love it I am sure.

Post a Comment