Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's Been Awhile...

As you may (or may not) have noticed, I haven't been very consistent with my blogging. I think I go in spurts. That's kind of the way it goes for me with so many other things too. This year one of my New Year's resolutions was to try to be more organized. I haven't done a very good job with that, but at least I keep trying! In the past I would have given up several months ago. This time God has really helped me to try to keep going and not give up when I drop the ball. I'm so thankful that He has helped me with that!

This summer has been flying by! We have spent a lot of time gardening and swimming. We've gone on a few picnics too. The picture below is from an outing to a small lake we like to visit. We could sit and watch the ducks for a long time! We got to see a swan up close as well. Those pics may come later. Even though I helped (very minimally) with the garden when I was growing up, I really didn't pay very good attention to how to garden. I really don't know what I'm doing. One thing I do know how to do I am failing miserably at...weeding! In spite of my negligence God has provided some yummy veggies for us.
These are some of the veggies I picked one day.


They were turned in to a very yummy side-dish! Oh how I love to eat veggies straight from the garden. I think the kids do too. They cleaned their plates dry that night! As for Nathan, we still have a little work to do on him. But I told him that if God keeps providing such yummy garden veggies for us, he will turn into a veggie lover yet! We'll see...

1 comment:

Keri Sheckler said...

I love when you blog. Keep doing so. And your veggies look yummy.

Post a Comment