Corn shucks, that is! Yesterday the kids helped shuck corn that we got from some friends at church. After eating garden fresh veggies all summer, it is extremely difficult for us to buy them from the store!



What good little helpers I have! I've also been excited for our peaches to ripen! I've never had a peach tree before and this one is loaded! We have some other fruit trees as well, but they haven't
fared so well. Here is a snapshot of our peach tree...

Seeing all of the fruit reminds me of John 15:1-2 where Jesus says, "I am the true vine, and my Father is the
vinedresser. Every branch of mine that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit." (
ESV) Last fall when I was homeschooling
Keziah and Isaac, we did a lesson on this verse. They learned a little phrase that I still remember well;
If I stay in Jesus I will have much fruit. In order for our lives to be fruitful we must stay close to Jesus. When we wander away from Him, we wither and are not productive in our service to Him. Stay close to Jesus!!
3 comments:
Thanks, Brenda, I needed that!
A wonderful reminder of staying in Jesus. And I can't help but laugh that you guys are really now "cornhuskers". I mean, your fam has been wearing shirts that say that for years now.:)
Come on Nathan... Smile a little :)
Post a Comment